About the company
Founded in 2016, Anova Fertility & Reproductive Health is the newest health centre in Canada exclusively focused on reproductive medicine and women’s health. Anova Fertility and Reproductive Health is the leader in innovation, education and communication for high quality, humanized fertility and reproductive care. We are the international standard for successful reproductive health and fertility centres that are committed to making the right to family accessible to everyone. We are known for our culture of support, our effective process and our holistic approach to patient care. By doing what we love, sharing what we learn and celebrating success, we encourage each other to achieve and grow, and we are role models for our community.
About the position
As part of the Patient Services department the Intake Supervisor is responsible for the management of the daily workflow and the leadership of the intake staff. This position requires an experienced individual with strong supervisory skills, with the authority to ensure that the team meets all quality and timeliness standards.
In addition to the day-to-day supervision of the staff, the Intake Supervisor will work with Senior Managers to improve decision-making processes and training. The Intake Supervisor must be able to assist the management team in leading change and promoting a positive team attitude and will be required to effectively respond to unexpected changes or demands.
- Oversee and assist with all new patient scheduling
- Daily resource allocation (eg: team members calling in sick, planning for vacations, capacity planning for busy vs slow times across the day, daily tasks)
- First point of contact for escalation of process or patient concerns
- Support the development of SOPs and ensure all Intake protocols are up-to-date and relevant
- Advise the Senior Managers of any workflow problems or improvement opportunities with the intake team
- Able to gather and review clinical data to confirm the clinic is meeting CPSO requirements, and identify any areas for change/improvement
- Advise Senior Managers of any issues raised by the staff and suggest actions that will improve processing or resolve the issues.
- Hold regular team meetings to ensure team is aware of any organizational directives
- Review any difficult or special referral cases including new referral sources.
- Use medical record systems and procedures to maintain and increase acceptable productivity levels
- Create training manuals for team and new Intake hires
- Support the Clinic and the Intake process by providing quality customer service
- Supervise, motivate and monitor the staff to ensure compliance with procedure and processes Keep apprised of all referrals received each day, ensure referrals are adequately allocated between intake coordinators and maintain a knowledge of the duties of the personnel in the department.
- Answer phone calls and handle inquiries in professional and courteous manner
- Manage back end call center systems and allocate team resources daily to ensure all calls are answered, voicemails returned, and clinic days run smoothly
Qualifications and Requirements
- College diploma and/or Medical Office Assistant diploma
- Experience leading a team
- Experience working with multi-line phone system
- Strong Excel skills are preferred
- At least 1 year of experience working with electronic medical records system
- Experience as Medical Secretary strongly preferred
- Ability to switch tasks, respond to shifting priorities and refocus after interruptions
- Track record of performing variety of clerical tasks with accuracy and speed
- Ability to relay messages by phone, in person or in writing
- Strong knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Sincere interest in helping people
- Comfortable working in team environment
- Conscientious, punctual and dependable
- Collaborative, empathetic and optimistic
- Intellectually curious