Supporting individuals and couples in their family building goals is one of the most rewarding experiences.
Are you a compassionate, caring individual looking to make a difference?
Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a multi-disciplinary team?
Do you share our fundamental belief, that everyone deserves the right to family?
If you answered yes to any of these statements, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
About the company
Founded in 2016, Anova Fertility & Reproductive Health is the newest health centre in Canada exclusively focused on reproductive medicine and women’s health. Anova Fertility and Reproductive Health is the leader in innovation, education and communication for high quality, humanized fertility and reproductive care. We are the international standard for successful reproductive health and fertility centres that are committed to making the right to family accessible to everyone. We are known for our culture of support, our effective process and our holistic approach to patient care. By doing what we love, sharing what we learn and celebrating success, we encourage each other to achieve and grow, and we are role models for our community.
About the position
As a Medical Receptionist & Patient Services Coordinator, you will work as part of our team and provide a range of customer service and office support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the Clinic. At Anova Fertility you will be the face and the voice of Anova Fertility for patients coming to the Clinic for treatment and calling for bookings and inquiries. This position is responsible for scheduling the Clinic hours of assigned Fertility Specialists and for providing customer service at the front desk by taking phone calls, relaying messages, responding to inquiries, greeting people, booking appointments and processing payments. You will ensure that electronic documentation and paperwork are accessible, accurate and filed correctly.
- Support Clinic by providing quality customer service and administrative assistance
- Interact with approximately 90 patients per day (by phone, email and in person)
- Answer phone calls and handle inquiries in professional and courteous manner
- Book, confirm and reschedule appointments for Physicians and Clinic practitioners
- Greet patients and visitors and facilitate optimal patient flow through Clinic
- Share important information with coworkers to facilitate patient care
- Prepare for appointments day before by pulling all charts for scheduled patients
- Register new patients in medical record system and set up patient files
Qualifications and Requirements
- College diploma and/or Medical Office Assistant diploma
- Experience handling reception duties and working with multi-line phone system
- At least 1 year of experience with electronic medical records system
- Experience taking payments through POS systems and handling cash
- Experience as Medical Secretary strongly preferred
- Ability to switch tasks, respond to shifting priorities and refocus after interruptions
- Track record of performing variety of clerical tasks with accuracy and speed
- Ability to relay messages by phone, in person or in writing
- Strong knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Thoroughness and keen attention to detail
- IT experience is considered an asset
- Sincere interest in helping people
- Comfortable working in team environment
- Conscientious, punctual and dependable
- Collaborative, agreeable and optimistic
- Intellectually curious
We encourage all qualified applicants to submit a covering letter and resume by May 3, 2021.
Application deadline: 2021-05-03
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Greeting visitors
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place